Marriage

  • Affirmation: United Methodists
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 5, 2013
    • Affirmation: United Methodists
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 21, 2015

        First, a word from the Called Out editors.

        As far as we know, any time we provide a link to a web site, the site is safe.  However, when we open links to produce the summaries, the links are opened on a computer using Firefox with the NoScript add in.  That disables a lot of bad (and sometimes good) stuff.

        Should you run into a problem with any of the sites hosting malware, please let us know immediately so we can stop using that news source.

        If you find offensive ads in any article, let us know.  We try to keep an eye on them.  Edge in particular has been pushing their luck recently.

        Thanks, and stay safe out there.

        AP-GfK Poll: Clerks Must Issue Gay Marriage Licenses

        Linda Massey opposes gay marriage. But she was incensed last summer to see that Kim Davis, a Kentucky county clerk, was refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples.

        http://www.edgemedianetwork.com/?187980

        The first ever same-sex marriage in the Republic of Ireland will take place this morning.

        Same-sex marriages were finally able to start from Monday after months of patiently waiting following a referendum on the issue earlier this year.

        http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/11/17/irelands-first-same-sex-wedding-is-taking-place-this-morning/

        Clerical Error Led to Costa Rica's First Legal Gay Marriage

        When Jazmin Elizondo Arias was born in 1991, someone goofed and noted on her birth certificate that she was male.

        As the years passed and Elizondo grew up, the mix-up never caused any problems. So she never bothered to try to correct the record officially, something that others in her situation found could turn into a slog through Costa Rica's bureaucracy with no guarantee of success.

        http://www.edgemedianetwork.com/?188924

        ACLU Says Kentucky Clerk Should Have to Reissue Licenses

        The American Civil Liberties Union says a Kentucky county clerk's office should reissue altered marriage licenses even though the governor has promised to recognize them as valid.

        http://www.edgemedianetwork.com/?189469

        Slovenia to Hold Referendum on Same-Sex Marriage

        Wednesday Nov 4, 2015

        The group has sought to challenge a law passed earlier this year that defines marriage as a union between two consenting adults.

        http://www.edgemedianetwork.com/?188329

        Mississippi Supreme Court Narrowly Grants Same-Sex Divorce

        by Jeff Amy and Emily Wagster Pettus

        Friday Nov 6, 2015

        The Mississippi Supreme Court voted to allow a lesbian couple to seek a divorce, even as two justices questioned the U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage and suggested that landmark ruling has no constitutional basis.

        http://www.edgemedianetwork.com/?188488

        New Kentucky governor will change marriage laws to help Kim Davis

        The new Governor-elect of Kentucky is a big fan of Kim Davis… and he’s already promised to re-write the state’s marriage laws for her.

        Rowan County clerk Kim Davis was briefly jailed earlier this year after she directly defied court orders by blocking marriage licenses for same-sex couples.

        http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/11/06/new-kentucky-governor-will-change-marriage-laws-to-appease-kim-davis/

      • Affirmation: United Methodists