UMC GC 2012: What Have We Done?!? (May 1)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2012

      What Have We Done?!?

      By: Amy Lippoldt On 5/1/2012

      Once the word got out at General Conference this morning that removal of “security of appointment” for elders passed the plenary floor vote on a consent calendar, the twitter feed #gc2012 blew up with questions, concerns and incredulous comments.

      I want to take a moment to explain some of what we accomplished in the Ministry and Higher Ed legislative committee, and why I think this historic change is not as scary as it might first seem.

      http://um-insight.net/articles/what-have-we-done%3F!%3F