Another "ex-gay" bites the dust

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2012

      Another "ex-gay" bites the dust

      by Sue O’Connell

      co-publisher

      Wednesday Jan 18, 2012

      John Smid, the former Executive Director of Exodus International’s oldest ministry Love in Action, now says: "For many years I tried to fit into the box of heterosexuality. I tried my hardest to create heterosexuality in my life but this also created a lot of shame, a sense of failure, and discouragement. Nothing I did seemed to change me into a heterosexual even though I was in a marriage that included heterosexual behavior."

      Yup. He’s gay.

      Smid was executive Director of Love in Action until 2008, where he claimed his ex-gay Christian ministry could "restore those trapped" in homosexuality.

      The rest of the article is here:

      http://www.baywindows.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=glbt&sc2=news&sc3=&id=129017