Baylor no longer 'LGBT unfriendly'

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011
      Baylor no longer 'LGBT unfriendly'
      August 31, 2011 | Filed underCampus | Posted by webmaster
      University previously ranked No. 11 on list
      By Jade Mardirosian
      Staff Writer

      Baylor is no longer ranked on the Princeton Review's list of
      "LGBT-Unfriendly" colleges, after holding the No. 11 spot in both 2010 and
      2009. LGBT stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

      The list is published in the company's annual "Best 376 Colleges" book.
      Baylor held the No.2 spot on this list in both 2007 and 2005.

      Fort Collins, Colo., sophomore Adam Short believes that Baylor being left
      off the list of "LGBT-Unfriendly" schools is more representative of the
      university.

      "I think it's a really good sign. I haven't had a single issue with anybody
      on campus ever and that was even after I was outed in the New York Times,"
      Short said. "I haven't had a single person say anything derogatory toward me
      or a single issue with a professor."

      The rest of the story is here:
      http://baylorlariat.com/2011/08/31/7578/