Affirmation Press Release: Join Affirmation at Sing a New Song

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2011

      Join Affirmation at Sing a New Song

      For Immediate Release, Tuesday August 23, 2011

      By Affirmation: United Methodists Co-spokesperson Tim Tennant-Jayne

      From Thursday August 25 through Sunday the 28, nearly 700 United Methodists are gathering in northeast Ohio for Sing a New Song (SANS).  The Reconciling Ministries Network (RMN) and Methodist Federation for Social Action (MFSA) are hosting this conference.  Affirmation: United Methodists for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns, will join MFSA and RMN at the conference.  Together we will prepare for The United Methodist Church’s General Conference in 2012.

      The Sing a New Song website, www.sans2011.org, will host thoughtful commentary on daily events by guest bloggers.  Among these guest bloggers will be Affirmation: United Methodists’ Co-Spokesperson, Tim Tennant-Jayne.  If you are unable to attend SANS, you can still be a part of this historic event by checking out the daily blogs from Tim and others.

      There are other ways to get connected and join the conversation at Sing a New Song.  You can use Twitter to follow conversations as they happen.  Follow @sans2011 or by labeling your tweets with the hash tag #sans2011.  Through the Sing a New Song Facebook page, www.facebook.com/sans2011, read news updates and dialogue with attendees.  Wherever you are, join Affirmation at SANS, through Facebook, Twitter, and blogs.

      -30-

      As an independent voice of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer people, Affirmation: United Methodists radically reclaims the compassionate and transforming gospel of Jesus Christ by relentlessly pursuing full inclusion in the Church as we journey with the Spirit in creating God’s beloved community.

      Affirmation: United Methodists for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Concerns is an activist, all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization with no official ties to The United Methodist Church.

      How to Contact Us:
      umaffirmation_at_yahoo.com
      http://www.umaffirm.org

      Past Affirmation press releases are available at:  http://group.yahoo.com/group/UMAffirmation_PressRelease/messages

      To receive our press releases, send a blank email to:  UMAffirmation_PressRelease-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

      To subscribe to our news service, UMCalledOut, send a blank email to:
      UMCalledOut-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com