Ugandan MP says anti-gay bill 'will be law soon'

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2010
      Ugandan MP says anti-gay bill 'will be law soon'
      By Jessica Geen . October 28, 2010 - 17:43

      David Bahati, the Ugandan MP who tabled a bill calling for gays to be jailed
      or executed, says he is confident his bill will soon become law.

      Speaking to CNN, he said: "We are very confident because this is a piece of
      legislation that is needed in this country to protect the traditional family
      here in Africa, and also protect the future of our children."

      The bill, which shocked gay rights campaigners and even led to Sweden
      threatening to withdraw aid from Uganda, was thought to have been shelved
      after it was introduced last October.

      It demanded the death penalty for people convicted of gay sex with minors or
      while HIV-positive and lengthy jail sentences for others.

      The rest of the article is here:
      http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2010/10/28/ugandan-mp-says-anti-gay-bill-will-be-law-soon/