Why Anti-Gay Bullying Is a Theological Issue

  • UMCalledOut-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
      From Religious Dispatches, 10-4-201:

      Opinion

      Why Anti-Gay Bullying is a Theological Issue
      And the moral imperative of anti-bullying preaching, teaching, and activism
      By Cody J. Sanders

      I cannot count the number of times I have heard well-meaning, good-hearted people say, "Things are a lot better for gay people today than they were several years (or decades) ago. In time, our society (or churches) will come around on this issue." To these friends and others, I must say, "It's time." For Lucas, Brown, Clementi, Walsh, and Chase the time is up. For these teens and the myriad other LGBT youth lost to suicide, the waiting game hasn't worked so well.

      The rest of the article is here:
      http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/sexandgender/3479/why_anti-gay_bullying_is_a_theological_issue/