Legal Sanctions for Homosexual Behavior

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      Legal Sanctions for Homosexual Behavior

      Date: 1/29/2010 9:34:03 AM

      I received a complaint from a listener to my "Focal Point" radio program,
      complaining that I had suggested that it is appropriate to impose legal
      sanctions on those who engage in homosexual behavior. Here is my response.
      The individual's name was not attached to the email, so I wasn't able to
      address him by name.

      ---

      Hi!

      Thanks for writing me about my comments on my program regarding
      homosexuality.

      It might be worth noting that what I actually suggested is that we impose
      the same sanctions on those who engage in homosexual behavior as we do on
      those who engage in intravenous drug abuse, since both pose the same kind of
      risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. I'd be curious to know what you think should
      be done with IV drug abusers, because whatever it is, I think the same
      response should be made to those who engage in homosexual behavior.

      If you believe that what drug abusers need is to go into an effective detox
      program, then we should likewise put active homosexuals through an effective
      reparative therapy program.

      Secondly, I'm afraid you're simply wrong about the Bible's perspective on
      the law and homosexuality.

      The rest of the article is here:
      http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147491522