Affirmation Press Release: National March for Equality, October 10 - 11

  • Gary Shephard UMAffEAdmin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2009
      National March for Equality, October 10 - 11

      For Immediate Release, Monday October 5, 2009

      By Affirmation Co-spokesperson Tim Tennant-Jayne

      Affirmation: United Methodists for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and
      Queer Concerns encourages all members to attend the National March for
      Equality. On October 10-11, 2009, we will gather in Washington, DC from all
      across America to let our elected leaders know that now is the time for full
      equal rights for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender people. We've had
      a moment thrust upon us by the election of President Barack Obama and the
      spirit of hope and change. We will gather. We will strategize. We will
      march. And we will leave energized and empowered to do the work we need to
      do in every community across the nation. This is only the beginning.

      All United Methodists attending the March are encouraged to contact Chip
      Aldridge at caldridge_at_wesleyseminary.edu for information about a time and
      place for United Methodists to gather during the weekend.

      -30-

      As an independent voice of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer
      people, Affirmation radically reclaims the compassionate and transforming
      gospel of Jesus Christ by relentlessly pursuing full inclusion in the Church
      as we journey with the Spirit in creating God's beloved community.

      Affirmation: United Methodists for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and
      Queer Concerns is an activist, all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization
      with no official ties to The United Methodist Church.

      How to Contact Us: email: H
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/affirmation/post?postID=KyEJodZJKggrmaJ5YR3uN
      WxFHoxcNSGyRIMDYE4PSWjlmXEi6AYcnW6mc3BeLiZE8NjxhECmkUuaacMrnLEP>
      Uumaffirmation_at_yahoo.comUH Affirmation web: H <http://www.umaffirm.org>
      Uhttp://www.umaffirm.orgU