Integrity Thanks Archbishop Of Canterbury For Condemning Violence

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2008
      Note: Archbishop's statement is pasted below the press release from
      Integrity.

      --------------------

      April 9, 2008
      Integrity Thanks Archbishop Of Canterbury For Condemning Violence

      Integrity thanks Archbishop Rowan Williams for his statement
      today-which condemned recent violence and the treats of violence
      against LGBT Anglicans. The Rev. Susan Russell, President of
      Integrity, said, "In too many provinces of the Anglican Communion, the
      LGBT faithful life in fear of violence and even death because of who
      they are and whom they love. More often than not, Anglican bishops
      have been silent about-and sometimes complicit in-bullying and
      brutality directed at the LGBT children of God."

      Russell concluded, "Members of Integrity USA, along with other LGBT
      Anglicans from other provinces, will be in Canterbury this summer to
      offer our testimonies to the bishops gathered for the Lambeth
      Conference. We look forward to sharing our lives and our stories with
      all of them who will listen."

      PRESS CONTACT
      The Rev. Susan Russell, President
      revsusanrussell@...
      714-356-5718

      Archbishop of Canterbury condemns recent violence against lesbian and
      gay people
      Posted On : April 9, 2008 5:26 PM | Posted By : Admin ACO
      Related Categories: Lambeth

      ACNS 4386: http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2008/4/9/ACNS4386

      involved in the debate on human sexuality, the Archbishop of
      Canterbury has given the following statement:

      "The threats recently made against the leaders of Changing Attitudes
      are disgraceful. The Anglican Communion has repeatedly, through the
      Lambeth Conference and the statements from its Primates' Meetings,
      unequivocally condemned violence and the threat of violence against
      gay and lesbian people. I hope that this latest round of unchristian
      bullying will likewise be universally condemned."

      Ends