Judicial Council: Email from Beth Stroud and Chris Paige

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2005
      Hello friends,

      As you may know, the Judicial Council of the United Methodist Church
      will review Beth's case on Thursday, October 27, beginning at 9am in
      Houston Texas. Beth, Chris, our parents, and the legal team will be
      traveling to Houston on Wednesday to be present for the hearing. The
      decision of the Judicial Council will be reported over the internet
      (at www.umc.org) within a few days of the hearing -- probably Monday.
      After the hearing and through the weekend, we expect to be spending
      time with family. So this note is the last you are likely to hear from
      us until after the verdict is announced.

      Philadelphia-area folks are invited to a worship service in support of
      the witness of FUMCOG and Beth Stroud on Wednesday evening, October
      26, at 7:30 p.m. at Chestnut Hill United Methodist Church, 8812
      Germantown Avenue, in Philadelphia. Several other United Methodist
      Reconciling Congregations will also be hosting prayer vigils and
      worship services in other areas of the country that evening in
      solidarity with Beth and FUMCOG. [Check http://bethstroud.info/ for
      known vigils]

      As always, we appreciate your prayers -- for everyone who is directly
      involved in the case, as well as for the entire church. Whatever the
      outcome, this will be an emotional time for the church at-large.

      Meanwhile, we are also grateful for your generous response to our
      previous request for financial support. First United Methodist Church
      of Germantown has received financial contributions for Beth's legal
      fund from all over the country, and we feel that our immediate needs
      will be well cared for. Your gifts, together with the prayers of so
      many, are truly sustaining us through this process.

      Prayerfully,

      Beth Stroud and Chris Paige