New RC: The UMC of York-Ogunquit in York, Maine

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2004
      New Reconciling Congregation — York-Ogunquit, Maine
      The Reconciling Ministries Network Digest
      Wednesday, October 20, 2004

      We celebrate another new Reconciling Congregation!

      We just received word that The United Methodist Church of
      York-Ogunquit in York, Maine has taken action to affiliate with
      Reconciling Ministries Network! They approved their Reconciling
      Statement at a congregational meeting in September.

      "The United Methodist Church of York-Ogunquit warmly welcomes people
      of every age, race, ethnic or religious background, gender, sexual
      orientation, mental or physical ability, economic or family status. We
      are all children of God, each with special gifts, to be honored and
      respected in an atmosphere of faith and love that provides freedom for
      growth. Our faith compels us to respect and work for the rights of all
      people. We, therefore, support social practices that seek to eliminate
      all forms of discrimination, injustice, and violence. We will work
      together for the full participation of all persons in the life of the
      church."

      http://www.RMNetwork.org