Event (UK): Halfway to Lambeth, October 24-26 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 7:08 AM
      From: Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement [LGCM], UK
      ----------
      Dear Anglican friend

      In just two months we are hosting a milestone international
      conference in preparation for the next Lambeth conference. We'll be
      bringing together for the first time an impressive line-up of the key-
      players from several Provinces in the Anglican debate on human
      sexuality. The conference is supported by a wide range of leading
      Anglican Primates, Bishops, Deans, theologians and writers
      acting as Conference Consultants.

      You will not need reminding about how topical and urgent such a
      conference has become in view of developments in the Communion -
      some positive, some negative - especially over the last four months,
      although we began planning in January last year!

      Halfway to Lambeth takes place 10 days after the special extra
      meeting of the Primates and we'll be suggesting that all who attend
      that meeting extend their stay in Britain.

      We would be delighted if you could attend. The conference will
      provide a unique opportunity, under safe conditions, to make global
      connections and network effectively.

      Further details and a downloadable printable booking form are
      available from our website at
      http://www.lgcm.org.uk/halfwaytolambeth/

      Please contact me if you have any questions. I can also send you a
      pdf as an attachment if requested.

      Please feel free to share this information as widely as you wish.

      I hope to see you in Manchester, United Kingdom in October.

      Yours sincerely.

      Richard Kirker (Rev)
      Conference Secretary and General Secretary
      Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement [LGCM]

      Oxford House, Derbyshire Street, London, E2 6HG, UK
      Office Tel & Fax +44 20 7739 1249
      Counselling HELPLINE +44 20 7739 8134 (Wed 7.00 - 9.30 pm)
      Christian Homophobia HOTLINE +44 20 7613 1095
      http://www.lgcm.org.uk email lgcm@...

      A membership-based international predominantly Anglican ecumenical
      organisation open to all irrespective of sexual orientation
      challenging homophobia in the Churches and other Christian
      communities. We offer support, counselling, publications, groups,
      conferences and networking opportunities focussed on creating an
      inclusive Church and welcoming congregations.

      Registered Charity No 1048842