New Reconciling Church: Easter Hill United Methodist Church

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5 3:55 PM
      CALLED OUT

      From the Reconciling Ministries Network

      -----------

      We welcome Easter Hill United Methodist Church, of Richmond, CA as
      our newest member of the Reconciling family!

      On December 7, 2002, the Church Conference unanimously approved a
      Statement on Hospitality. Easter Hill is predominately an
      African-American congregation of 350-400 members and friends. In its
      fifty-two years EHUMC has maintained Justice Ministries that are
      some of the most dynamic and influential in the Bay Area. In 1968,
      the second pastor, the late Rev. Booker T. Anderson, was the first
      African-American Mayor. In 2001, under the leadership of the Rev.
      Phil Lawson, the current pastor, EHUMC assisted with Richmond Vision
      2000 pushing the Richmond, California City Council to approve the
      highest Living Wage ordinance in the nation. Pastor Phil Lawson
      humbly notes, "However, I am most proud of the strong endorsement of
      hospitality."

      The Easter Hill United Methodist Church Statement of Hospitality:

      "All of creation is of sacred worth. All humans are sacred images of
      God. Easter Hill affirms, without reservation, Jesus' life and
      ministry of unconditional love. As an inclusive and nurturing Family
      of families, Easter Hill will continue to welcome and offer
      hospitality to all persons, regardless of age, race, gender
      orientations, religious, economic, educational or social status."

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com