4243Bullying

    Jan 3, 2013

      Video: Canadian Mounted Police campaign against anti-gay bullying

      by Joseph Patrick McCormick
      6 November 2012, 11:54pm

      LGBT members of the Canadian Mounted Police have recorded a video against homophobic bullying.

      http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/11/06/video-canadian-mounted-police-campaign-against-anti-gay-bullying/

      US: Gay teenager committed suicide because of bullying, parents say

      by Joseph Patrick McCormick
      5 December 2012, 11:30pm

      The parents of a gay teenager from Michigan, who committed suicide in late November, have said that intense bullying was to blame for their son’s death.

      http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/12/05/us-gay-teenager-committed-suicide-because-of-bullying-parents-say/

      Queer Suicide and the Malpractice of “Love”

      By Cody J. Sanders

      Rev. Cody J. Sanders is an ordained Baptist minister and a Ph.D. Candidate in pastoral theology and pastoral care at Brite Divinity School in Fort Worth, Texas. He is editor of the forthcoming revised edition of Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth: A Resource for Congregations in Dialogue on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity published by the Alliance of Baptists, the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists, and the Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America.

      I was on my way to bed when I walked by the desk to take one last look at the computer screen—and now, tonight, I can’t sleep. And it’s not just the sleep-thwarting glow of the screen. Tonight, my customary frivolous scroll through my Facebook feed turned up a story I hadn’t expected to see.

      Josh Pacheco, age 17, from Fenton, Michigan, killed himself.

      I don’t know Josh or his family. And I’ve never even been to Michigan.

      http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/atheologies/6679/queer_suicide_and_the_malpractice_of__love__

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic