1526Bishop Sprague to Address Clergy Alliance

    Apr 1 5:55 PM
      CALLED OUT INFORMATION SERVICE

      From the Reconciling Ministries Network

      -----------

      Bishop Sprague to Address Clergy Alliance

      Bishop C. Joseph Sprague, bishop of the Northern Illinois Annual
      Conference of The United Methodist Church, will address members of
      the Clergy Alliance on April 16, 2002 in Chicago.

      A bishop-turned-activist, Bishop Sprague engaged in civil
      disobedience at the General Conference 2000 in Cleveland, joining
      protesters who were seeking to overturn the denomination's anti-gay
      policies. Sprague was arrested twice during the 10-day session.

      Bishop Sprague will provide an analysis of the challenges and
      opportunities facing those who support the full inclusion of lesbians
      and gay men in The UMC.

      The Clergy Alliance is composed of persons called to ordained
      ministry (including seminarians and those called to ordained ministry
      but unable to serve because of sexual orientation restrictions)
      within The United Methodist Church who summon the church to a deeper
      level of spiritual and theological integrity in relationship to
      persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and their
      full inclusion in all aspects of the church's life.

      The network is dedicated to active forms of teaching, organizing,
      strategizing, resistance, and support for one another to help the
      church become more faithful to the radical love of Christ.

      The Clergy Alliance will meet in Chicago April 16-17, 2002. Following
      Bishop Sprague's address, members will work in one of the four C.A.
      pods: Reform, Radical Obedience, Theology, and Church Within a
      Church. There will also be time to renew ourselves through worship
      and prayer.

      The meeting will be held at the International Conference Center at
      4750 N. Sheridan Rd. (312.769.6363), which will also provide us with
      room and board. Our time together will begin registration at 9am
      Tuesday morning April 16 (meeting to begin at 10am) and conclude by
      4pm Wednesday, April 17.

      Directions to the conference center are available on-line at
      http://www.rmnetwork.org/flashnet/fn020213.phtml

      Jenn at the RMN office will be handling registration. Please send her
      the following information:

      Your name
      Address
      Phone
      Email

      You will make your own housing arrangements - OR -
      Nights housing needed at the center: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
      Type of lodging desired:
      Single room ($35/night)
      Double room ($28)
      Lower Bunk Bed ($24)
      Any bunk ($13)
      Bunk beds are in large dormitory rooms.
      Single and double rooms are limited and will be reserved on a
      first-come basis. There are no private washrooms.

      Meals required

      (We need to know, for each day, what meals will you be taking at the
      center. The food there is delicious.)
      Monday breakfast ($5) lunch ($6) dinner ($7)
      Tuesday breakfast/lunch/dinner
      Wednesday breakfast/lunch/dinner

      Your cost will be dependent upon your choices! Please email your
      request to Jenn at the RMN office � jenn@....

      In addition to room and meal fees, there is a $30 registration fee,
      to cover other expenses related to our meeting.

      We hope you can join us as we continue in the struggle for justice
      for all of God's children.

      For more information, contact Clergy Alliance co-chairs:
      Don Fado: donfado@...
      Karen Oliveto: kawen@...

      http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/