IMPORTANT: POLYMER CLAY BASIC - Errata Corrige

  • mon.resta@libero.it
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2001
      Letter to Guilds, Mailing List and friends.
      What I'm going to tell you is very important, and I beg you to divulge it
      among every Polymer Clay lovers you know.
      I am Monica Resta, author of " Polymer Clay Basic". This book was translated
      from its first Italian edition and I wasn't asked to review the English
      version. I was eager to see it and I received it a few days ago. I noticed
      it as a very attractive book: it's good to see and touch it, the Bertoldi's
      photos are beautifully exposed, and its step by step method makes it easy to
      follow the instructions just looking at the pictures. Nevertheless I have to
      point out that the translation was done by somebody who doesn't know our
      wonderful art. The Italian word "Murrina" stays there, untranslated as "Cane
      Work" or "Millefiori" as it has to be, and you can see the Polymer Clay
      referred only as " Resin", and so on. But, most important, to my great
      sorrow two pages were, for some error, omitted: the Acknoledgments and the
      Bibliography ones.
      I would like to get everyone, through Guilds, Mailing Lists and Internet, to
      thank people and organizations who made possible the issue of this book.
      Thanks NPCG for your invaluable help!
      Thanks San Diego PC Guild for your canes on the cover!
      Thanks my dear friends Pnina Goldberg , Michela and Paola Affortunati! and
      thanks to many other helpful people.
      Polymer Clay Basic wouldn't be born without supports as the books of my dear
      virtual friend Sue Heaser, or the beautiful Donna Kato's book, or the
      unforgettable and insuperable Nan Roche's book.
      I've put the pages photos and theirs corrections at:
      http://bussola.supereva.it/pcbasic/pag1.html
      Please, visit it!

      Thanks,
      Monica Resta

      mon.resta@...
      http://www.dadacasa.com/lara

      Visit the Italian Group Web Site!
      http://italyclay.supereva.it

      Missing Phone Calls While Online? Get Callwave for FREE!
      http://www.bravenet.com/out.php?id=350