OT: E-groups now Yahoo

  • Margaret Reid
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hello everyone -
      As you may have noticed, e-groups has now become part of Yahoo. The
      following is FYI. If you have any problems, let me know and I'll see
      what I can do!

      All you have to do to access your groups on the web site is to link
      your current eGroups account(s) to a Yahoo! ID using our wizard. (If
      you don't use the web site, you won't need to link your accounts.)

      The process is simple:

      1. Go to the wizard:

      2. Tell us the eGroups account you'd like to link to a Yahoo! ID.
      (Your account is the email address you've used to sign in to the
      eGroups service.)

      3. Tell us the Yahoo! ID you'd like to link your account to. If you
      don't have a Yahoo! ID, you can register for one at that time.

      4. If you have multiple eGroups accounts, you need to go through the
      wizard more than once. You can link up to 5 accounts per Yahoo! ID.

      * Please remember that your groups have not moved. They are still
      here! All you are doing is establishing a Yahoo! ID log-in to access
      them via the web site.
      * Old URLs and email addresses will continue to work.

      All the features you know and love about eGroups are now part of
      Yahoo! Groups. In addition, we've added some new functionality that we
      hope you'll enjoy.

      WHAT'S NEW:

      Yahoo! Groups has lots of new features and even better customization.
      You can:

      * Chat with other group members using our improved Yahoo! Chat.

      * Add a splash of color to your group, or a group home page photo, all
      without knowing HTML.

      * See when group members are online and communicate with them in real
      time using Yahoo! Messenger.

      * Reach a larger audience. You will have the entire Yahoo! network of
      communications and communities services at your doorstep.

      And much, much more to come!

      * All eGroups email and web addresses will continue to work. You can
      still send email to <groupname>@egroups.com, <groupname>@onelist.com
      as well as <groupname>@yahoogroups.com
      (Your members will receive all mail from <groupname>@yahoogroups.com)

      * All of your group information including messages, calendar events,
      and your entire membership have been maintained.

      * Yahoo! Groups remains a free service

      WHAT'S NEXT?

      * International sites: We'll soon begin to internationalize Yahoo!
      Groups. In the interim, you can continue to use the international
      versions of eGroups.

      * Clubs integration: We plan to integrate Yahoo! Clubs into Yahoo!
      Groups later this year. The service will offer all of the previous
      Clubs features, as well as other enhancements.