Polydays

  • Sue Heaser
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 13, 2001
      Hello All,

      About Polydays 2001 - do get your forms in quickly if you can. Bookings
      are coming in already and the popular classes look as though they will
      fill early. This weekend brochures go out to non-members who have
      requested them so Guild members need to move fast to be sure of their
      first choice.

      How lovely to have Porro come over and join us! And Christine from
      France - and meeting up with so many familiar faces again - I'm really
      looking forward to it!

      Sue
      --
      Sue Heaser

      http://www.heaser.co.uk
    • Sarah Lawrence
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 23, 2001
        Just to say that the U.K. Polydays was marvellous.Thanks to all the
        organisers, and especially my tutor MariaSegal.

        Sarah
        Email: sarah@...
        Website www.sarah-lawrence.com
        Are you creative? Check out www.craftynotions.com
      • christel.jensen@barum.online.no
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 23, 2001
          I am sooo envy of all of you that could go;) I have promised myself
          that I will come next time.
          Is that two years from no or next year?

          Also looking forward to see some pictures from the retreat..hint,hint.
          Have a nice day all:)

          Christel (in Norway)

          --- In UKPolyClay@y..., "Sarah Lawrence" <sarah@s...> wrote:
          > Just to say that the U.K. Polydays was marvellous.Thanks to all the
          > organisers, and especially my tutor MariaSegal.
          >
          > Sarah
          > Email: sarah@s...
          > Website www.sarah-lawrence.com
          > Are you creative? Check out www.craftynotions.com
        • Pörrö Törrönen
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 23, 2001
            For all interested:

            I am finally home safely.
            More later :-)

            Leathaly tired
            PöRRö
            ---
            The house of the rising PöRRö
            http://www.saunalahti.fi/theporro/
          • Shelley McLoughlin
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 24, 2001

              I'm back from Polydays too, and utterly exhausted!! I'll have more to report, when I can get my brain back into gear again!

              I visited your web site Sarah. Oooh, you have some wonderful things there. It was good to meet you at the weekend.

              I'm still sorting photos, but eventually they will be up somewhere - still not sure where as I'm not going to continue with photopoint.

              There are so many people from here that I've e-mailed, or 'chatted' with, to finally meet them in the flesh was wonderful.

              But I do have a bone to pick with several of you. I found lots of people seemed to know me from my posts, but rarely (if ever) come out from lurkdom. Sarah has made a start, what about the rest of you!!!!

              And Christel - the next polydays will be in two years, but they are talking about the possiblity of claying in Tuscany next year - start saving!!!

              Will write more, when I'm more awake!

              Shelley

            • Shelley McLoughlin
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 24, 2001

                Well I've sorted photos, I haven't checked them all - I just hope the right title is with the right photo. They are all in the shared files in a polydays folder. I apologise if I mis-spelled names, or left them out, tell me and I'll correct them. Similarly I would dearly love to give credit to all and everyone that I can, if you know who is who, or what is by who, please let me know so I can change or add the details.

                Shelley

              • Shelley McLoughlin
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 25, 2001
                  Alison & anyone who knows anyone at polydays

                  If you can help with any names to faces I'd be very grateful. I have a few
                  more to post, which I'll do later today, but I really can't remember the
                  names.

                  http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1272902&f=0
                • christel.jensen@barum.online.no
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 25, 2001
                    Hi, Shelly

                    Great fun to look at the pictures from the Polydays, and Tuscany
                    sounds very nice. Please tell more about it when you know when and
                    where. I would love to come:)

                    Christel..started saving;)
                  • Shelley McLoughlin
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 26, 2001
                      Christel

                      If you're not already a member of the BPCG you should join up. Then you'll
                      know the details about Tuscany as soon as I do!! Mind you, I'm just as
                      likely to tell everyone here as soon as I find out anyway!

                      http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1272902&f=0
                    • Irisbee
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 27, 2001
                        Its now a week since we set off for Polydays 2001, and it has taken me 5
                        days to recover from the enormous amount of information we were given! I can
                        only hope that our stalwart tutors and committee recovered sooner.
                        I would like to say on behalf of Chris, Joanne and myself how much we
                        enjoyed ourselves and to thank all those involved who put in so much work to
                        make the weekend such a success. It is going to get harder as the years go
                        on to find such original ideas for classes - where else could you go to
                        learn how to fill a dustbin with rubbish! I learned how to use Liquid
                        Sculpey and my kitchen window is now covered with Art Deco 'Stained Glass'.
                        I have lots of ideas for new 144th scale houses and perhaps I will finish up
                        with a mini village! We have shared the ideas Joanne learned for making
                        tools and found out how to make moulds from Siligum which I am sure will be
                        useful.We learned how to make wire armatures for animals. We admired the way
                        Marie produced her complicated canes, and the lovely beads which make up the
                        Beads 2000 (collected by Elise). We enjoyed the demos by all the other
                        capable people and the chance to see the work of other students. What I am
                        really trying to say is THANKYOU to everyone for a good weekend.
                        So thank you to
                        Sue Heaser Alison Gallant Alex Blythe Hen Scott Philippa Todd Julie
                        Stretton of the Committee and Christine Alibert Gaynor Fryer Alison Ingham
                        Elise Mann And Marie Segal and anyone else I have not mentioned!

                        Iris Boughton
                      • Alison Gallant
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 1, 2001
                          Dear Iris,

                          Thank you very much for your kind comments. The
                          weekend took a lot of planning but we all enjoyed it
                          and are looking forward to 2003. Hope to see you
                          there!

                          Alison.

                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 7, 2005
                            Anyone here other than Margaret and I who are going to be going to Polydays?

                          • Iris Boughton
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 16, 2005
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 7, 2005
                                Hello Iris, Shelley and anyone else who came to Polydays!

                                I have had so many lovely messages about Polydays and am trying to
                                answer them all. We had more students than at previous events and
                                most
                                people seemed very happy. Some even want to come for a week next
                                time!
                                Our guests, Dan Cormier and Tracy Holmes (and of course Griffin),
                                were
                                a huge hit and we had students travelling from California, Spain,
                                Germany and the south of France to take their workshops.

                                I know I said 'Never again!' but two people have offered to help next
                                time so it looks as if Polydays 2007 will happen. It's the Guild's
                                10th
                                anniversary that year so it should be a special event.

                                I would like to thank you all for the lovely flowers and wine I
                                received yesterday and, most importantly, for supporting Polydays
                                either as a student or tutor.

                                Alison.
                              • LINDA PETERSON
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 7, 2005
                                  Is there a website that I can get information on PolyDays? Im in the US. Thanks!
                                  Creatively,

                                  Linda Peterson
                                  Linda Peterson Designs
                                  Designer/Consultant

                                  Visit me on the web at:
                                  www.lindapetersondesigns.com

                                • Shelley
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 7, 2005
                                    Hi Linda - unfortunately you've just missed Polydays itself. The next
                                    one wont be for at least another 2 years. Although there are now more
                                    regional workshops planned. For more information on the British Guild

                                    run claying events visit their website (of which I'm the webmistress,
                                    so you can always complain to me if you have any gripes!). It's
                                    http://www.bpcg.org.uk When I eventually get my head together I'll
                                    be
                                    adding photos and a write up about it on the website.

                                    -->
                                    > Is there a website that I can get information on PolyDays? Im in
                                    the US. Thanks!
                                    > Creatively,>
                                    > Linda Peterson
                                  • Shelley
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 9, 2005
                                      Alison - I think this time round we seemed to have the largest
                                      international group we've ever had. We just needed Petra from New
                                      Zealand to be here a bit earlier to join us! I'm so glad you've got
                                      some volunteers for next time. It can't be easy doing it all more or
                                      less on your own. And as you say if it's the guild's 10th anniversary,
                                      we can't NOT have it!!!

                                      Dan, Tracy & Griffin were definitely a hit. And I'm not even a baby
                                      person! Their classes were definitely about the best I've taken.
                                      Especially the all day class on the Saturday.

                                      Glad you liked the flowers and wine, you deserve it after all your
                                      hard work. Now you can relax a bit - I hope!

                                      Take care
                                    • Alison Gallant
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 11, 2005
                                        Hi Shelley,

                                        Yes, it would have been good if Petra could have come
                                        to the UK a few weeks early to be at Polydays. Maybe
                                        next time. As you know she is doing a workshop on her
                                        flower pendants for the Midlands group on May 8th and
                                        I hope to see her there. Now that you are such a
                                        confident driver is there any chance you might make
                                        it? The journey would only take four hours!!

                                        Best wishes,

                                        Alison.
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Apr 12, 2005
                                          Alison - I'd love to get there to meet her and take the class but finances
                                          prevent I'm afraid! I only managed to drive the Gloucester trip cos I stayed
                                          an extra night each side of the workshops - but accommodation etc adds to
                                          expenses just a tad! I'm not like you and can do a 4 hour journey at a
                                          moments notice - wish I could.

                                          Oh well, Petra says she will be travelling about all over the place with her
                                          sister and we are still hopeful we might get to meet up. On one of her
                                          previous visits to the UK she came to Poole (tried to visit Poole pottery)
                                          but I didn't know she was over, and she didn't tell me she was going to
                                          Poole!! We were both kicking ourselves afterwards.

                                          Now back to being creative I suppose - I have wayyyy too many fairs and
                                          house parties coming up shortly. Then of course it'll all go flat again for
                                          several weeks I expect!