Happy New Year!

  • Margaret Reid
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2001
      Hello everyone! And welcome to all our recent new members!

      What clay goodies did Father Christmas bring you? Have you used it
      yet? How well did it work, and did it live up to your expectations?

      Margaret
    • LBS337
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2001
        Hi Margaret,

        I have had my pasta machine for a few months, but I used it to make thin
        marble sheets for Christmas pens for my coworkers and they came out really
        good for my first try.

        Everyone seem to be happy with the color choices, and the pens have a good
        smooth feel that I like, didn't make me one, but got to keep one that the
        cap broke.

        Hope you had a great holiday, and that 2001 will be all you wish it to be.

        | : >} Luv, lenora
        "Life can be hard by the yard, but a cinch when taken by the inch."
      • Jenny
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2001
          Happy New Year from Down Under....

          I got a pasta machine MOTOR....It was a LATE present, from myself TO
          myself...but it's fantastic!

          Jenny

          > Hello everyone! And welcome to all our recent new members!
          >
          > What clay goodies did Father Christmas bring you? Have you used it
          > yet? How well did it work, and did it live up to your expectations?
          >
          > Margaret

        • Helene Grove
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2001
            Hello Margaret, and the rest of you.

            Oh Santa was very good to me, indeed!! I got a total of 4 kg. of Clay. Can you imagine, I'm in hog heaven, experimenting like a mad person. I've made my first kaleidoscope and am in the making of a string bird-puppet. I seem to be going into real toys... Hmmm, must be all those birthdays around me.

            Enough chatter, back to serious clay-work (and maybe a bit of vacuuming...)

            Hugs
            helene
            > Hello everyone! And welcome to all our recent new members!
            >
            > What clay goodies did Father Christmas bring you? Have you used it
            > yet? How well did it work, and did it live up to your expectations?
            >
            > Margaret

          • Nathalie
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2001
              hi jenny,
              i love youre nitwear very nice and youre polymerclay as well if you ever
              want to swap let me now ?
              I make teddybears in clay and mohair !
              > I got a pasta machine MOTOR....It was a LATE present, from myself TO
              > myself...but it's fantastic!
              >
              > Jenny
              > http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=45617
              >

              > > Hello everyone! And welcome to all our recent new members!
              > >
              > > What clay goodies did Father Christmas bring you? Have you used it
              > > yet? How well did it work, and did it live up to your expectations?
              > >
              > > Margaret

            • The Crafty Owl
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2001
                In message <3A589B9D.4EACC8F2@...>, Margaret Reid
                <mfhreid@...> writes
                >What clay goodies did Father Christmas bring you? Have you used it
                >yet? How well did it work, and did it live up to your expectations?

                Happy new year to all.

                Sadly no clay related gifts for me, in fact nothing really craft related
                at all. Sigh. Couple of cartoon books and a small bag is all - I suppose
                I probably will use the bag for craft stuff, that's what's in most of my
                bags.
                ___
                <*,*>
                {'-'} The Crafty Owl
                -"-"-
              • Jenny
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 8, 2001
                  Hi Nat, thanks for the kind words. I'm always up for a
                  swap<G>...Teddybears from clay and mohair? Does this mean you use polymer
                  heads and mohair bodies? Do you have pics we can check out?

                  Jenny

                • Nathalie
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 9, 2001
                    HI JENNY?
                    COULD YOU GIVE ME YOURE E_MAIL PLEASE I SEND YOU SOME PICTURES O.K
                    GREETINGS NAT
                    > Hi Nat, thanks for the kind words. I'm always up for a
                    > swap<G>...Teddybears from clay and mohair? Does this mean you use polymer
                    > heads and mohair bodies? Do you have pics we can check out?
                    >
                    > Jenny
                    > http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=45617

                  • Pörrö Törrönen
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 10, 2001
                      Hi all !

                      I just found out there is a list for us non US polyclayers. Wow. I noticed
                      there are plenty of familiar names here, but never the less let me introduce
                      myself...
                      I am Pörrö, 29 years old. Have an adorable little girl named Taika, 1 year 9
                      month. I am home with her, so my claying time is less than I would like it
                      to be :-)
                      Have been claying for some years now. Seriously about 6, before that I only
                      had played with Fimo for few times.
                      I am mostly interested in jewellery, although I make buttons and eggs for
                      sale too. Last years, when the kid has been here, have only gone for few
                      shows a year and sold to friends and neiboroughs. Next spring I will try to
                      find some galleries to sell my stuff.

                      I got a bench grinder for Xmas. Have still not tried it, have been having a
                      real difficulty to find a muslin buffing wheel from local hardware stores
                      (have searched in 8 so far !) I remember I have seen those many times, but
                      now that I need them, they are hiding from me. While waiting to find those,
                      I have made some experiments trying translucent layering techniques with
                      Fimo Soft. It is interesting !

                      PöRRö

                      The house of the Rising Pörrö
                      http://www.saunalahti.fi/theporro/
                    • The Crafty Owl
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 10, 2001
                        Great to have you on here with us, we've met on other PC forums.
                        For those who haven't, this is a terrific artist!
                        ___
                        <*,*>
                        {'-'} The Crafty Owl
                        -"-"-
                      • Pörrö Törrönen
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 11, 2001
                          >Great to have you on here with us, we've met on other PC forums.
                          >For those who haven't, this is a terrific artist!
                          > ___

                          Elise !

                          Thank you. I have 50 beads (finally !!! sorry about that, life and all, you
                          know :-) here waiting to be sent. As soon as I have time to get to post
                          office they shall be on their way.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 11, 2001
                            In message <019301c07bce$b50bc220$155341c1@...>,
                            =?iso-8859-1?B?UPZycvYgVPZycvZuZW4=?= <theporro@...> writes
                            >I have 50 beads here waiting to be sent.

                            Oh superb - I was really hoping to have some from you in the strand. It
                            seems very likely now that we have the whole 2000, including those like
                            yours which are 'in transit'. So I'll be able to complete the project!
                            Thanks.
                            ___
                            <*,*>
                            {'-'} The Crafty Owl