What sort of chopper for fimo?

  • Shelley McLoughlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
      I would like to get a chopper/food processor to help condition fimo. What
      sort does anyone suggest I get? I'm in the UK. Would one of those tiny
      coffee grinder type things be up to the job? I've seen one in the Argos
      catalogue but didn't want to get it until I'd asked if it was the right sort
      of thing.

      Shelley
      Please visit my photopoint album:
      Or my website: www.shelleym.co.uk
    • Emma Ralph
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
        Hi Shelley,
        I use my mums old food processor and although it is prolly about ten eyars
        old it does a great job.
        I have ehard of people using coffee grinders but realistically I reckon that
        they are so small as to not be worth it. When you think of how much clay you
        can get into a proper processor and the cheapy ones dont cost that much do
        they? My bet is to just get yourself a full sized processor.
        I have no trouble just conditioning say one small block of clay in those
        either, so it is not like you need to use loads of clay at a time to be
        worth it.
        I havent looked at the old Argos catalogue yet this year! but I would reckon
        that any of the processors are gonna be fine, I guess just spend as much as
        you can afford and go for a good make.
        off the record, my mums old processor is a Braun and it lasted her like I
        said about ten years before giving it to me and I have had it over a year
        now, and she is a professional caterer so that machine got a shed load of
        abuse!
        anyway, good luck with getting it and you will enjoy the freedom it gives,
        especially with Fimo!
        Emma