Hello

  • Jean Brattan
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 19, 2000
      Hello Everyone, I am a brand new member, and pretty new to working
      with clay. My main interest is miniatures 1" scale 1/2 scale and
      Quarter scale, are there any more miniaturists out there.?? I just
      recieved Angie Scarrs videos, and have just ordered Sue Heasers
      videos, and her book. I am looking forward to trying my hand at food,
      as I have a 1" scale bakery and tea shop (The Upper Crust) that
      needs "merchandise" - regards - Tiggiewinkle ( yes I am a great
      Beatrix Potter Fan!!!!)
    • murggs
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 10, 2002
        Hello to all of you,

        my name is Kerstin and I come from Germany and my english ist not so
        good. But I really like to make beads from polymer clay and there is
        no such group in german language.
        Most of the things I know about polymer clay, I've learned from the
        Internet - especially from the U.S. Websites, e.g. the truLeigh Rose
        or the chrysanthemum Cane from Elissa Powell. (I love all those
        tutorials with the pictures - so I don´t have too much to read in
        english... ;-)) The rest I just learned by doing it, making
        experiments and mistakes... ;-)))
        I already took a look at the fotos in this group and there's a lot I
        really like. (Liebe Grüße an Johanna *grins*)

        With best regards

        Kerstin
      • Sunni/Colleen
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 10, 2002
          welcome kerstin!! i am sunni from the western side of the united states. i
          am looking forward to sharing ideas and experiments with you. if you have
          pictures, please feel free to upload them to the files over on the
          yahoogroups page for our group! as for your english, don't worry about it
          being proper or right. we don't really care about that as much as we do the
          sharing. if we say something you don't understand, say so and we'll reword
          it. --sunni

          my name is Kerstin and I come from Germany and my english ist not so
          good. But I really like to make beads from polymer clay and there is
          no such group in german language.
          Most of the things I know about polymer clay, I've learned from the
          Internet - especially from the U.S. Websites, e.g. the truLeigh Rose
          or the chrysanthemum Cane from Elissa Powell. (I love all those
          tutorials with the pictures - so I don´t have too much to read in
          english... ;-)) The rest I just learned by doing it, making
          experiments and mistakes... ;-)))
          I already took a look at the fotos in this group and there's a lot I
          really like. (Liebe Grüße an Johanna *grins*)

          With best regards

          Kerstin
        • Kerstin Rupprecht
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 10, 2002
            Hi, Sunni,

            thank you very much for your warm wellcome! As I said before above all I make
            beads. Mostly round beads, because I allways liked balls and round things. I was
            allready fascinated by that shape when I was a child :-))
            I will upload some pictures of my beads. I made some eggs, too and some boxes (I
            think, you call them altoids). I have no pictures of those, but maybe someday.
            I can understand english better than I can write it, but I promise, that I will
            ask, if I do not understand something. (Thank you very much!)

            Kerstin

            > welcome kerstin!! i am sunni from the western side of the united states. i
            > am looking forward to sharing ideas and experiments with you. if you have
            > pictures, please feel free to upload them to the files over on the
            > yahoogroups page for our group! as for your english, don't worry about it
            > being proper or right. we don't really care about that as much as we do the
            > sharing. if we say something you don't understand, say so and we'll reword
            > it. --sunni

          • tismeshelley
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 11, 2002
              Hello there Kirstin and welcome, I'm in the UK. Please don't worry
              about your English - truth is the Americans that frequent this board
              only think they can speak English anyway - *evil grin* If you don't
              understand something we say, please shout and tell us!

              I took a look at all your beads you've up-loaded. They are BEAUTIFUL.
              I wish I could say I have a favourite, but I don't. Mind you I am
              particularly fond of translucents, and you seem to have quite a knack
              with those. You've achieved a wonderful sheen to all your beads. Do
              you sand and buff, or are they varnished as well? Very pretty indeed.

              Once again, welcome to the UK polygroup.

            • Kerstin Rupprecht
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2002
                Hello Shelley,

                > truth is the Americans that frequent this board
                > only think they can speak English anyway - *evil grin* If you don't
                > understand something we say, please shout and tell us!

                I understood THAT!!! *evilgrintoo*

                > I took a look at all your beads you've up-loaded. They are BEAUTIFUL.

                Thank you very much.

                > I wish I could say I have a favourite, but I don't. Mind you I am
                > particularly fond of translucents, and you seem to have quite a knack
                > with those.

                Yes, I really like the possibilities you have with the translucent clay - in my
                case it´s Fimo. But I hope, my package with the Translucent Liquid Sculpey will
                arrive soon, so I can try that. I love the "3D-Effects" you can create with the
                translucent clay.

                >You've achieved a wonderful sheen to all your beads. Do
                > you sand and buff, or are they varnished as well?

                I only sand and buff. And what I found out is, that I do the last forming of the
                beads with latex gloves on my hands. And I turn them the inner side out, where
                they are smoother (<- is that the right word?). So after baking them I can start
                to sand with the 600 sanding paper. Then I go to 1000 and at last to 1200. After
                that polishing the bead is very easy. (I do not really like to sand, but I love
                to polish the beads! ;-)) When I started to make the beads I sanded them all
                with 240, 320, 400, 600, 1000 and 1200. So there´s a lot of sanding I can save
                with those gloves.

                > Once again, welcome to the UK polygroup.

                Once again, thank you so much. It is nice to talk to people who know, what I am
                talking about!

                Kerstin
              • Sunni/Colleen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 11, 2002
                  you are SUCH a brat!!! *evil grin back*

                  token american --sunni

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 13, 2002
                    Sunni

                    I just couldn't resist!

                  • simmonsmarcia@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 19, 2009
                      Hello
                      Thanks for allowing me to join your group, I love all kinds of dolls, miniatures, jewlery, beading, kniting, Cupcakes and anything crafty

                      Marcia