re hello

  • julie stretton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
      Hello Everyone
      My name is Julie Stretton and I joined the egroup a
      few weeks a go and I have only just found the time to
      to introduce myself. I am 40 years old and have three
      children the eldest is 19 and the youngest 5. We have
      two cats and live in the Northamptonshire area. i
      work with blind children.
      I am a member of the British polymer clay guild. I
      have tried my hand at lots of different crafts but
      polymerclay has come out tops. I would rather work in
      clay then any other medium. I love working with the
      clay and have had a go at most of the techniques that
      have been discovered. I like to make minatures and am
      now trying my hand at charactor dolls. I have also
      found canning addictive although I am not sure what
      to do with all the different canes I have made. Anyone
      got any ideas? I am not into making jewelry although
      I love the items other people have created.
      Best Wishes
      Julie A S

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • The Crafty Owl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
        In message <20000703093554.25652.qmail@...>, julie
        stretton <julieallaker@...> writes
        >I am not sure what
        >to do with all the different canes I have made.

        Cover things! Almost anything - boxes, bottles, candle shades and
        holders, vases - anything that can go in the oven at clay temperature.
        That includes almost all glass, as long as you put it in the oven cold,
        heat to clay temp, leave for the right time (probably only 20 mins for
        most covered things, since the covering is thin) and then turn off and
        leave to cool in the oven - this reduces the chance of thermal shock to
        your glass.

        I've been making some pencils, recently, covered with cane slices - I
        buy thick pencil-leads from art shops. There's a lesson for it on the
        guild website - www.heaser.demon.co.uk , no just below that but that
        gets you there!
        ___
        <*,*>