Sue's appalling memory...

  • Sue Heaser
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
      In message <941533414.26116@onelist.com>, UKPolyClay@onelist.com writes
      >> Oops, sorry Jenny, I did not realise/remember you were in OZ -
      >
      >LOL..that's OK...I do the same thing myself at times....and you probably didn't
      >realise it was me you very kindly sent notes to some time ago?

      Oh that's why your name was so familiar! :*) Sigh... I do this all the
      time. All the clay fumes must be catching up on me... ;*)

      I just thought - Petra in NZ, who I think is on this list (are you
      there, Petra?) - may have some leads for cold enamels on your side of
      the world. She sells polymer clay mail order and has a super catalogue
      with just about everything a polyclayer could need. Surely it has to be
      less expensive for postage ordering from NZ than the US or UK? Her email
      is: petra@...

      Another BTW - my miniatures book was supposed to be published in
      paperback in September and I have been getting a lot of anxious emails
      about what has happened to it. In fact, the publication will now be next
      year. The hardback is still available but stocks are getting low. Darn
      it, the publishers just keep running out of this book - I wish they
      would get it right!

      Sue
      --
      Sue Heaser

      http://www.heaser.demon.co.uk
    • Jenny Dowde
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
        Sue Heaser wrote:

        > Oh that's why your name was so familiar! :*) Sigh... I do this all the
        > time. All the clay fumes must be catching up on me... ;*)

        ROFL....it WAS a long time ago<G.... I never did get around to trying the Pietre
        Dure from those notes...but I will one day, especially now I have your book.

        > I just thought - Petra in NZ, who I think is on this list (are you
        > there, Petra?) - may have some leads for cold enamels on your side of
        > the world. She sells polymer clay mail order and has a super catalogue
        > with just about everything a polyclayer could need. Surely it has to be
        > less expensive for postage ordering from NZ than the US or UK? Her email
        > is: petra@...

        I have Petra's catalogue thanks. Believe it or not most of the supplies I get are
        actually cheaper from the US, if I have them sent surface mail. Probably because
        the NZ dollar is in the same appalling condition as our is against the US
        dollar....actually I think it's worse. And even with the AUS dollar being better
        than the NZ dollar, some things are still cheaper from the US. All very
        frustrating...I am constantly stymied by the lack of resources here.
        I'll certainly contact her about the enamels though if my investigations prove
        fruitless here. So far I've not had any luck...but there are still some options
        left.

        > Another BTW - my miniatures book was supposed to be published in
        > paperback in September and I have been getting a lot of anxious emails
        > about what has happened to it. In fact, the publication will now be next
        > year. The hardback is still available but stocks are getting low. Darn
        > it, the publishers just keep running out of this book - I wish they
        > would get it right!

        LOL...GREAT that they keep running out...means it's selling!! But it must be
        frustrating to have to field anxious emails and placate people all the time.
        Speaking of miniatures...I really admire how you and others do that<G>..I made some
        of your teeny tiny frog earrings the other day and felt like a proper klutz making
        them! They are kinda cute!! But I've decided I'm not a miniature person...perhaps
        it's a lack of patience...I dunno...

        Thanks for your help and info...

        Jenny