Hi everyone

  • shelleym@tesco.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 1999
      Hi all. I've been busy lately and although managed to read all the postings,
      haven't had a chance to contribute.
      I'm Shelley McLoughlin, I'm a mother of two and I make jewellery mainly. I
      love caning, I'm not particularly brilliant at it, but I am getting better.
      I had a wonderful time at Polydays, and it was great to meet lots of you at
      long last. It has inspired me to try my hand at tutoring. I'm now booked in
      for a beginners caning class at my local Hobby Craft store. They want me to
      get the class to make a simple flower cane and turn it into beads to make a
      pair of earrings and a necklace. I'm most concerned with how long it will
      take to actually produce it all. I have a 5 hour slot (including lunch). Any
      hints or tips on how to organise a class would be greatly appreciated.
      Shelley
    • The Crafty Owl
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 1999
        Hi Shelley!

        I do classes at a Hobbycraft too - but because the first two polyclay
        ones I offered (basic jewellery and clay with rubber stamps) got NO
        takers (I think mostly due to their descriptions of them in the brocure)
        it's very hard to persuade them to let me do more. I did do a kid's PC
        day last month. I'm down to do a votive candle holder (making a cane and
        covering the holder) in August, though - but I only have three hours!

        Wish they didn't only stock Fimo, too! My hands get tired!
        ___
        <*,*>
        {'-'} The Crafty Owl
        -"-"-