Re: What are you doing?

  • faun bonewits
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 9:51 AM
      what have I been doing?

      Last weekend I purchased Sue Heasers book Making POlymer clay jewelry!
      & the october issue of Jewelry crafts magazine. It has 13 poly clay
      articles. been reading every one. Then the newest Bead and Button
      magazine showed with tiny poly clay shoes!!! so Cute!

      other wise I've been working on Cloisene' with poly clay & Transparent
      liquid sculpey enamels, THat was inspired by s bracelet in a cataloge.
      I'm very impressed with the results they are turning out rather fine. my
      faces are getting better. I figured out to reate wire bails for them &
      almost have a necklace designed for them....

      and I started making beads with the same technige. I'm only at the put
      the metallic finish part so far, I wanmt a full cookie sheet full before
      firing up the oven.

      after baking and a layer of flexo varathane, I'm gonna inlay emal in
      spots, .....probably inn parts tops sie, bake. turn over more and bake
      I don't want the Tls to drip out the holes and glue the bead to the pan

      The should resemble the sivler beads coming from india
      if I fully cloisene them and do the design them right they should look
      like they were from china, Then its time to do boxes ;^D

      they should be up on the site by wednesday? along with a few more ladies

      look in the cloisene' folder

      I work a necklace with one of my cats in the beads folder
      & I had this funny experiance of walking up to some one In a
      "international Gem & Jewelry show"yesterday. Thier eyes are glued to the
      necklace, she looked up and said OH I know YOU! hehe, she belong to the
      same polymer clay guild as me. I was pleased the cat has glued her
      attention so well.

      best part I only spendt a little money for gold & silver wire and a few
      beads. It's so easy to blow ones budget at those shows.

      after looking at the piles of beads venders had there my 5 shoe boxes of
      Polymer beads didn't look like much. I need to display them better.

      also I was checking out the local tobacco store & found cigar boxes with
      velvety inserts with long narrow slots, just perfect for displaying &
      showing beads, it doesn't letm the roll around and keeps them stable
      when in transit. Just the sculpted beads are in the first cigar boxes,
      the enalas are going into the nest one,
      then I'm back out for more..........I think they throw out the inserts
      so I'm gonna ask them to keep some for me,

      well I have only 5 beads done so far time for More!

      happy Claying!
      Faun in skokie north of Chicago