Re: hello

  • pmexican
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 1999
      Hello, is this list only for europeans???? I was interested in the liquid
      sculpy that was mentioned, I have never seen it here in the US, what would
      you use it for? or does it harden like a resin???Pat M. {South Dakota}
    • Margaret Reid
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 1999
        Hi Pat

        No, this list isn't only for Europeans! We'll take anybody! But
        ideally (as list owner) I'd like it to have a non-US bias.

        Liquid Sculpey is about the consistency of thick paint, and comes in
        liquid (opaque) and translucent (clear if very thin) forms. As far as I
        know it's only available via mail order from places like The Clay
        Factory and Wee Folks (both online). There's also a FAQ at
        http://members.home.net/melanctha/TLSFAQpage.html. You bake it in the
        oven like regular clay.

        Regarding other clays, The Polymer Clay Pit sells Premo, Creall-therm,
        Fimo Classic and divers other clay supplies including tissue blades and
        wavy blades. I expect there's a link to the website from
        http://www.heaser.demon.co.uk (just a satisfied customer - got my order
        yesterday!) And as a plug for the BPCG, there's a discount if you're a
        Guild member!

        Alison - well done on your teleidoscope!

        Jackie - have a look around Polymer Clay Central at www.delphi.com.
        They also have a pretty active message board there. Or just ask us!

        Margaret
        --
        Visit the British Guild's website!
        http://www.heaser.demon.co.uk/polyclay/guild/britpol.htm
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2000
          Hi Julie

          Yes indeed, cover things! For a hoot I covered the sugarbowl the other
          day. DH broke it a couple of months ago and it's been sitting around.
          I didn't want to throw it out because I thought I might find a clay tool
          sort of use for it. But instead I glued it together with superglue,
          then covered it with old ugly cane slices. I figured the layer of clay
          would reinforce the glued seams. It came out really well! I get a
          little surprise every time I open up the cupboard! If I remember I'll
          bring it to the next ClayDay in Gloucs.

          Margaret

          Visit the British Guild's website!
          http://www.heaser.demon.co.uk/polyclay/guild/britpol.htm
        • bondhigh
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2004
            heys guys im new to this group. looks like a good place to be, how
            can i point surfers here in the way of my website like other members
            hasve done on the links page. look forward to chatting to some of
            you soon
            dave
          • mfhreid
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2004
              Hi Dave

              If you want to add a link to the links page, it's quite simple. Go to
              the links page, click 'Add bookmark' at the top left of the page, and
              then fill in the appropriate info.

              HTH,

              Margaret
            • Debbie@Jewellace
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 18, 2004
                Hello Dave...

                Welcome to the group! What sort of things do you create with polymer clay?

                Deb
                http://www.jewellacedolls.com

                heys guys im new to this group. looks like a good place to be, how
                can i point surfers here in the way of my website like other members
                hasve done on the links page. look forward to chatting to some of
                you soon
                dave

              • DAVE JORDAN
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 21, 2004
                  hey debbie

                  thanks for the email. you can see what i do at www.thedaveempire.com
                  been browsing your website, good job and nice creations, if you like we can swap links to each others pages. let me know
                  cheers
                  dave aka bondhigh
                  ps i run a webring all to do with polymer clay called the clay ring ill send u details and u can join if you like
                  Welcome to the group! What sort of things do you create with polymer clay?

                  Deb
                  http://www.jewellacedolls.com

                  heys guys im new to this group. looks like a good place to be, how
                  can i point surfers here in the way of my website like other members
                  hasve done on the links page. look forward to chatting to some of
                  you soon
                  dave

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor