Is there a UK version of Varathane?

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2010
      Hello, I apologize in advance in case this message is duplicated. I
      posted a question before I got my group welcome email. I'm from
      Nottinghamshire in the UK and new to this group and wonder if anyone can
      help me with this question please? I keep reading about Varathane
      diamond varnish and know that we can't get this here. I would suspect
      that it is just like Ronseal water based / polyurethane type of thing,
      but am reluctant to try it in case it reacts badly with the polymer
      clay. I would normally use Johnson's Klear floor finish, but find that
      it turns the metallic powders green and dulls metal leaf as well as
      being a bit too thin for some projects. I have also come across a
      product called Diamond Glaze, but again, this appears to be unobtainable
      in the UK. I would be really grateful if anyone in the UK knows of a
      good substitute for these items, bearing in mind, the problems with the
      metallic finishes that I sometimes use.

      Many thanks
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/artjewellery/
      <http://www.flickr.com/photos/artjewellery/>

    • kizzybeads
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2012
        Hiya....I used Klear by Johnsons but it's now out of production...I've also got another Johnsons floor shine product but the name escapes me atm...I'll check when I pop into my studio later.....U can also use modeling varnish...again I'll check out the name of it for you!

        Karen AKA KizzyBeads