It's very quiet here!

  • Sylvia
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 2:49 PM
      My, aren't we a quiet lot! Is it because we are all so busy claying we don't have time to go on-line?

      I am - our local Country Show is on in three weeks, and I plan to enter four pieces of jewelry, two-and-three-quarters of which are finished. I'm supposed to be starting on the fourth piece right now. (Marbled dark purple and blue curved tiles, decorated with a silver-and-transparent-clay spiral. My very first venture into transparent work, eek.)

      Stuff I've learnt - in addition to my clay dedicated pasta machine, my clay-dedicated vegetable peeler and all the other clay-dedicated kitchen bits and bobs, I also have a clay-dedicated green pan-scourer. With a bit of soap, makes very short work of cleaning my hands in between colours.

      And, my small Makins cutters are losing shape quickly. Mostly this doesn't matter, but when you need a circle to make hollow lentil beads, it really needs to be properly round. I've ordered some compression olives in various sizes from our local hardware shop, as they look a lot more rigid. I'll let you know how I get on.

      Then I shall upload some pictures. Not that I can compete with anyone here, but there are very few other jewellers!