Re: [UKPolyClay] Digest Number 1066

  • va
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2009
      Look for the Makins Extruder. The metal one, not the plastic. Happens
      to be he best for our purposes.
      You can avoid sanding if you are careful. Just takes a bit of
      practice...you'll get there!

      VAharoni
      web: http://vaharoni.com
      blog: http://valerieaharoni.com/
      etsy: http://vaharoni.etsy.com
      http://www.1000markets.com/users/vaharoni
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaharoni/
      facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Valerie-Aharoni/1115955625

      On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 4:35 AM, <UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1a. Re: Hi from a newbie
      >    From: Sylvia
      >

      > Message
      > 1a. Re: Hi from a newbie
      >    Posted by: "Sylvia" sylviavalentine@... sylvia.freecycle
      >    Date: Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:55 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > Thanks Nicky, I'll keep an eye out for one.  I did a bit of interwebthingy research, and found some for £25!  (DH isn't actually aware of how much I have already spent on this li'l hobby of mine . . .)
      >
      > Looked at your blog - you do lovely things, and I think you are pushing the boundaries of polyclay!  Do you intend to bake those encased leaves?
      >
      > I've just made some beads, and the thought of sanding them is making my brain leak out of my ears.  Bleurgh.  Maybe I should decide my fingers are 'texturing tools' and the prints are an added feature.
      >

      > --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "Nicky" <nickactually@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi there, I am a newbie as well, just started to use clay properly (though other may not agree LOL) and am loving it.
      >>
      >> I bought an extruder from a cake decorating shop, it has a triangle tip.
      >>
      >> HTH
      >>
      >> Nicks xx
      >>
      >> www.nicksartystuff.blogspot.com
      >>

      > Messages in this topic (3)

      VAharoni
      web: http://vaharoni.com
      blog: http://valerieaharoni.com/
      etsy: http://vaharoni.etsy.com
      http://www.1000markets.com/users/vaharoni
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaharoni/
      facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Valerie-Aharoni/1115955625
    • Sylvia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2009
        Thank you, I will keep it in mind. There are not many available out there - and anyway, there are plently of techniques I can focus on first.

        I finally found a weekend course, right near me, so if I can juggle childcare that's what I shall be doing on Saturday and Sunday.