Hi from a newbie

  • Sylvia
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi I'm Sylvia, I live just outside London, and a few months ago my youngest just started full-time education around the time I first realised polyclay was rather more than plasticene for grown-ups. Now I'm finding looking after three kids and a husband and a house is getting in the way of my clay play!

      I wondered if anyone here could recommend an extruder. I bought one off eBay, which I haven't tried yet, but it doesn't have the shape I want, which is an equilateral triangle. Can anyone help?
    • Nicky
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
        Hi there, I am a newbie as well, just started to use clay properly (though other may not agree LOL) and am loving it.

        I bought an extruder from a cake decorating shop, it has a triangle tip.

        HTH

        Nicks xx

        www.nicksartystuff.blogspot.com
      • Sylvia
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
          Thanks Nicky, I'll keep an eye out for one. I did a bit of interwebthingy research, and found some for £25! (DH isn't actually aware of how much I have already spent on this li'l hobby of mine . . .)

          Looked at your blog - you do lovely things, and I think you are pushing the boundaries of polyclay! Do you intend to bake those encased leaves?

          I've just made some beads, and the thought of sanding them is making my brain leak out of my ears. Bleurgh. Maybe I should decide my fingers are 'texturing tools' and the prints are an added feature.