Hi

  • june
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 13 8:44 AM
      Hi Everyone

      I have been looking for prosculpt polymer clay and liquid sculpey.

      It is expensive on ebay, does anyone know where else i can get it from

      many thanks

      June
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 13 3:05 PM
        Hi June and welcome,

        I don't know of a source of Prosculpt in the UK - I've just checked the
        Claypit but it's not listed.

        Only yesterday, I ordered some from Karen at The Clay Alley in
        Gettysburg - they stock 4 colours....

        http://www.clayalley.com/prosculpt.htm

        They'll also use the US mail global priority flat-rate of charge
        pouches to send orders worldwide - this keeps the costs down a bit($10
        ish for up to 4lbs sent).

        Liquid clay should be far more readily avalable from The Claypit,Fred
        Aldous, Hobbicraft(at leeds - online purchase) Hobbycraft locally or at
        places where Sculpey3 is sold. You may want to look for Fimo DecoGel
        liquid as an alternative - it's much clearer when set and very flexible.

        I hope that helps you.

        Alan

        --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "june" <mijubellypickle@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone
        >
        > I have been looking for prosculpt polymer clay and liquid sculpey.
        >
        > It is expensive on ebay, does anyone know where else i can get it from
        >
        > many thanks
        >
        > June

      • J T
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 13 3:26 PM
          Hi Alan

          I am a complete novice, and they clay i am looking for was recommended to me.
          I do not know what other clay i could use?
          I hope to start by making a baby doll and a monkey.

          also the tutorial i am following uses a sterefoam head and the clay is laid over it, i do not have the foam head, is there anything else i could use??

          thankyou so much for your help, i will look into the information you have sent to me.

          Many many thanks

          Hugs
          June

          Alan Vernall <alanjv@...> wrote:
          Hi June and welcome,

          I don't know of a source of Prosculpt in the UK - I've just checked the
          Claypit but it's not listed.

          Only yesterday, I ordered some from Karen at The Clay Alley in
          Gettysburg - they stock 4 colours....

          http://www.clayalley.com/prosculpt.htm

          They'll also use the US mail global priority flat-rate of charge
          pouches to send orders worldwide - this keeps the costs down a bit($10
          ish for up to 4lbs sent).

          Liquid clay should be far more readily avalable from The Claypit,Fred
          Aldous, Hobbicraft(at leeds - online purchase) Hobbycraft locally or at
          places where Sculpey3 is sold. You may want to look for Fimo DecoGel
          liquid as an alternative - it's much clearer when set and very flexible.

          I hope that helps you.

          Alan

          --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "june" <mijubellypickle@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone
          >
          > I have been looking for prosculpt polymer clay and liquid sculpey.
          >
          > It is expensive on ebay, does anyone know where else i can get it from
          >
          > many thanks
          >
          > June

          Hobby and craft supply Polymer clay Polymer clay beads Craft hobby Polymer clay projects

          ---------------------------------

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 13 3:55 PM
            Hi Again June - you're most welcome.

            There are a number of clays which are all very suitable for the type
            of figurative sculpture you want to do. Premo, Fimo Doll, Creall-
            therm are all available at lots of online sites - such as the Claypit
            or Clayalley.

            Mention Styrofoam (expanded polystyrene over here in the UK) as a
            former for polymer clay and some folks start talking about toxicity
            when it's heated. As an inhalation toxicologist (in a previous
            existence - ie before I retired), I can show you data which proves
            that there's absolutely no danger unless the foam is pyrolised
            (burned) - which isn't likely at claybake temperatures.

            If you're at all bothered by the styrofoam 'toxicity' may I suggest
            that something like scrunched up aluminium foil is an excellent
            alternative former for your heads and it has the advantage of being
            far less temperamental when baked with the clay (polystyrene flows
            and melts at about 75-115C)

            Here's a wonderful source of information - on all matters Polyclay -
            Diane Black's Glass Attic - this is the sculpting section...

            http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/sculpting_body_and_tools.htm

            You should find all you need to begin there (together with much more!)

            If that raises any other questions - please ask again.

            Good luck, Alan

            --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, J T <mijubellypickle@...> wrote:

            > Hi Alan
            >
            > I am a complete novice, and they clay i am looking for was
            recommended to me.
            > I do not know what other clay i could use?
            > I hope to start by making a baby doll and a monkey.
            >
            > also the tutorial i am following uses a sterefoam head and the
            clay is laid over it, i do not have the foam head, is there anything
            else i could use??

            > thankyou so much for your help, i will look into the information
            you have sent to me.

            > Many many thanks
            >
            > Hugs
            > June
          • Mehreen Javaid
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 13 11:20 PM
              You can get it from Patricia Rose she sells one bar for 15$...not sure if
              this is the price you were looking for :)

              Just search her name on google and you'll get the website.

              Mehreen

              I have been looking for prosculpt polymer clay and liquid sculpey.

              It is expensive on ebay, does anyone know where else i can get it from

              many thanks

              June

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • J T
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 14 2:29 AM
                Hi Alan
                Thankyou so much for your help, I will keep this e.mail you sent and put it in my folder,
                If that is ok.

                I will have to go to the group to see what you create.

                I am now going to look at the information you have sent, thanks again

                hugs
                June

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 14 2:58 AM
                  Thanks so much for your help, i was advised to use this clay,
                  I know it is more expensive than other clays, but i am told i will get problems with cheaper clay.
                  As i am a novice i just thought i should use this clay.

                  many thanks

                  Hugs
                  June

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 14 3:08 AM
                    I am a novice too...i ordered clay, dvds and other stuff from patricia rose
                    but haven't made anything yet... :)

                    Good Luck...
                    Mehreen
                  • J T

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 14 3:39 AM
                        It was a fairy at first...then I pushed the legs together and made her into
                        a mermaid...legs were tooo hard :) ...now it has been lying with just the
                        tail for a month now...

                        Will let you know when it gets somewhere...

                        Mehreen