Re: [UKPolyClay] Digest Number 953

  • lisa zachary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2006
      Thanks so much for sharing this with us Matthew! Okay- and so going to go check it out now! So kind that you would take the time to share this great inforamtion- I have a new camera & will try it!!
      Lisa

      UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. How to take great auction photos! TUTORIAL
      From: "handycraft101"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:48:25 -0000
      From: "handycraft101"
      Subject: How to take great auction photos! TUTORIAL

      I wanted to share my knowledge on how to take good photos of jewelry
      and other small objects. I created a "Photo Box" which is easy to
      construct and use! I've noticed that alot of people (in general)
      could use this method I use.

      Items you need:
      12x12x12 box
      14 x 10 piece of plexyglass or glass
      a knife
      background paper (scrapbooking paper is great from craft store)
      velinium paper (scrapbooking section- looks like frosted paper)
      60-100 watt light

      How to put it all together:

      1) Take your 12x12x12 box and cut out one side. Keep the bottom of
      your box intact.

      2) (open side you just cut out) Measure 9 inches from the bottom and
      make a slit all the way to the back of the box on both sides. Do not
      cut the back of the box.

      3) Slide your glass into the slits of the box

      4) Take the velinium paper and take it over the light source. The
      velinium paper is used to defuse the light.

      5) Aim the light towards the opening of your box.

      6) Lay your background on the bottom of your box as your background.

      Your camera should focus on the jewelry or small object. The
      background will be fuzzy due to the distance of the background from
      the object.

      Here is an example of a photo I did using this photo box
      http://createapendant.com/pictures/wwn1.jpg

      Here is the photo of the photo box...
      http://createapendant.com/pictures/photobox.jpg

      Hope this helps anyone interested in taking good photos for auctions
      or their website.

      Matthew Nix
      www.createapendant.com

      ~ ~Lisa~
      The Greatest Risk in Life is to Risk Nothing!