Re: How to take great auction photos! TUTORIAL

  • junebug489
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2006
      If I could add one small idea to Matthew's wonderful tutorial...
      The Vellum paper acts much like what us former theater techs refer to
      as frost gel. Some people may find that the effect of the vellum is
      too misty or diffuse for them to capture the detail they are really
      wanting. In that case, my tip is to take a VERY small amount of oil,
      baby oil or sewing machine three-in-one, and rub it onto the center of
      the vellum paper, which will in essence create a "hot spot" while
      still maintaining general diffusion of the light.
      Might come in handy....
      Cheers, all!

      Rain