Re: Polydays

  • Shelley
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 9, 2005
      Alison - I think this time round we seemed to have the largest
      international group we've ever had. We just needed Petra from New
      Zealand to be here a bit earlier to join us! I'm so glad you've got
      some volunteers for next time. It can't be easy doing it all more or
      less on your own. And as you say if it's the guild's 10th anniversary,
      we can't NOT have it!!!

      Dan, Tracy & Griffin were definitely a hit. And I'm not even a baby
      person! Their classes were definitely about the best I've taken.
      Especially the all day class on the Saturday.

      Glad you liked the flowers and wine, you deserve it after all your
      hard work. Now you can relax a bit - I hope!

      Take care
    • Alison Gallant
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 11, 2005
        Hi Shelley,

        Yes, it would have been good if Petra could have come
        to the UK a few weeks early to be at Polydays. Maybe
        next time. As you know she is doing a workshop on her
        flower pendants for the Midlands group on May 8th and
        I hope to see her there. Now that you are such a
        confident driver is there any chance you might make
        it? The journey would only take four hours!!

        Best wishes,

        Alison.
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 12, 2005
          Alison - I'd love to get there to meet her and take the class but finances
          prevent I'm afraid! I only managed to drive the Gloucester trip cos I stayed
          an extra night each side of the workshops - but accommodation etc adds to
          expenses just a tad! I'm not like you and can do a 4 hour journey at a
          moments notice - wish I could.

          Oh well, Petra says she will be travelling about all over the place with her
          sister and we are still hopeful we might get to meet up. On one of her
          previous visits to the UK she came to Poole (tried to visit Poole pottery)
          but I didn't know she was over, and she didn't tell me she was going to
          Poole!! We were both kicking ourselves afterwards.

          Now back to being creative I suppose - I have wayyyy too many fairs and
          house parties coming up shortly. Then of course it'll all go flat again for
          several weeks I expect!