Re: [UKPolyClay] Polydays

  • LINDA PETERSON
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 7, 2005
      Is there a website that I can get information on PolyDays? Im in the US. Thanks!
      Creatively,

      Linda Peterson
      Linda Peterson Designs
      Designer/Consultant

      Visit me on the web at:
      www.lindapetersondesigns.com

    • Shelley
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 7, 2005
        Hi Linda - unfortunately you've just missed Polydays itself. The next
        one wont be for at least another 2 years. Although there are now more
        regional workshops planned. For more information on the British Guild

        run claying events visit their website (of which I'm the webmistress,
        so you can always complain to me if you have any gripes!). It's
        http://www.bpcg.org.uk When I eventually get my head together I'll
        be
        adding photos and a write up about it on the website.

        -->
        > Is there a website that I can get information on PolyDays? Im in
        the US. Thanks!
        > Creatively,>
        > Linda Peterson
      • Shelley
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 9, 2005
          Alison - I think this time round we seemed to have the largest
          international group we've ever had. We just needed Petra from New
          Zealand to be here a bit earlier to join us! I'm so glad you've got
          some volunteers for next time. It can't be easy doing it all more or
          less on your own. And as you say if it's the guild's 10th anniversary,
          we can't NOT have it!!!

          Dan, Tracy & Griffin were definitely a hit. And I'm not even a baby
          person! Their classes were definitely about the best I've taken.
          Especially the all day class on the Saturday.

          Glad you liked the flowers and wine, you deserve it after all your
          hard work. Now you can relax a bit - I hope!

          Take care
        • Alison Gallant
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 11, 2005
            Hi Shelley,

            Yes, it would have been good if Petra could have come
            to the UK a few weeks early to be at Polydays. Maybe
            next time. As you know she is doing a workshop on her
            flower pendants for the Midlands group on May 8th and
            I hope to see her there. Now that you are such a
            confident driver is there any chance you might make
            it? The journey would only take four hours!!

            Best wishes,

            Alison.
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 12, 2005
              Alison - I'd love to get there to meet her and take the class but finances
              prevent I'm afraid! I only managed to drive the Gloucester trip cos I stayed
              an extra night each side of the workshops - but accommodation etc adds to
              expenses just a tad! I'm not like you and can do a 4 hour journey at a
              moments notice - wish I could.

              Oh well, Petra says she will be travelling about all over the place with her
              sister and we are still hopeful we might get to meet up. On one of her
              previous visits to the UK she came to Poole (tried to visit Poole pottery)
              but I didn't know she was over, and she didn't tell me she was going to
              Poole!! We were both kicking ourselves afterwards.

              Now back to being creative I suppose - I have wayyyy too many fairs and
              house parties coming up shortly. Then of course it'll all go flat again for
              several weeks I expect!