RE: Great weekend

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7 2:24 AM
      Alan - oh another one I can go hunting for! Can you get 'electrosil' in
      somewhere like Halfords do you know? i would still prefer to buy in a shop I
      can go to rather than on-line for something like that if I can. Yes, I'm
      sure there were times I could almost 'feel' you looking over my shoulder!
      And your name did come up once or twice in conversation!!

      Iris - yes, it was a pity the workshop site was split. I had one very brief
      visit to your side of the site and said hello to Philippa briefly, but then
      had to dash off for my own classes. My classes were exceedingly busy, and I
      didn't get to take nearly as many general class photos of things I can share
      as I usually do. I got plenty in Dan's class, but not a lot elsewhere. I
      would love to have seen what everyone else was making. Dan's
      'de-construction' class was absolutely mind blowing and amazing. Sort of
      based around bargello patterns it took caning in a new direction for me, and
      I just can't believe how precise he is with his caning. It was more, and
      much more than bargello combined with other techniques and oh, it was
      wonderful!

      Yes it was Alison that did more or less all of the organising for the event.
      And the next one would be geared up for 2007 not 2005 - but Alison has
      already said she wants someone else to do it next time.

      Got any picys you can share with me so I can add to the guild website? -
      that goes for everyone out there who attended, not just Iris!

    • Iris Boughton
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7 8:47 AM
        Yes Shelley , it was a great weekend! I really enjoyed it.

        I wish though, that we could have had a display on the first night by the
        tutors, of the prototypes of their workshops, just so that everyone could
        see what was going on. We just didn't have time to go visiting during
        workshop time, apart from the distance the two sets of workshops were apart.
        .....so I have no idea what the deconstruction zone was.........

        The miniaturists had a great selection of workshops to choose from as I am
        sure the jewellers did too. Thank you so much to all the tutors and
        especially to the committee for their hard work. I believe that Alison did
        the bulk of the organising so a special thanks to her.
        I look forward to Polydays 2005
        Iris Boughton
        near Peterborough