Scalpels with retractable blades

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2005
      Hi All,

      I've just found out about a new-ish Swann morton product which may be
      of great help to us clayers.

      It's a metal handle which will take several types of small-size
      scalpel blades - the big difference is the fact that the blade will
      slide away when not in use - thus protecting it and the owner!

      Also, I've found that apart from the three main positions of the
      blade (in - out and remove old blade/fit new one) the depth of cut is
      infinitely variable and so, it can be used to make partial depth cuts
      into soft materials (like clay!)

      Here's their craft website...

      http://www.craftknives.com/products.html

      Most good tool/craft stockists will have them (Axminster does for
      example)