Re: New to Clay

  • list@polyopoly.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      > I hadn't thought of conditioning the clay before had but I will do
      > now. I've
      > never conditioned my clay before so it'll be a learning experience. Do
      > then just make sure I put it in an airtight bag?

      Either that or put each sheet of clay between sheets of tinfoil, e.g.
      tinfoil - clay - tinfoil - clay - tinfoil etc. Cling film and wax
      paper are also used for this, but some cling film reacts with the clay,
      going gooey after a while, and wax paper can leach the clay and make it
      stiffer. Sometimes you want to do this, but only intentionally! If
      you have any questions about conditioning, just ask! Or visit
      glassattic.com, which is a great on-line resource for polyclayers.

      > I'm just worried about being in a class taight by someone who'd
      > obviously highly
      > regarded when I'm a complete beginner.

      No need for concern - there will be other complete beginners there too,
      and anyone who's taught PC will have taught beginners. And Dan and
      Tracy are a hoot.

      Margaret