Re: Another Newbie

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2004
      --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "Shelley" <shelley@s...> wrote:
      > Hi Shelley,

      Guess what - I'm in Corfe Mullen!!! How does it go? It's a small
      world….Didn't expect quite such a quick reply though.

      I bought a basic Fimo set in Hobbycraft on Tuesday and have used
      everything up already making canes.

      I have been beginning to muck about with making chunky pendants and
      will probably have a crack at other jewellery too. I'm just fiddling
      really as a result of boredom, having stopped full-time teaching a
      year ago, and the supply work hasn't been pouring in this term. I
      was really just thinking about Christmas presents initially -
      looked like a way to save money, but I'm going to have to go and
      spend some more!

      I hadn't thought about using sugar craft stuff - there's a good
      place called Magic Moments on Ashley Road in Poole (or was last time
      I looked).

      I'll keep an eye out for you at local fairs. Good luck this
      evening.

      Judy.

      PS. Just visited your Web site. Wow! Do you make everything you
      sell yourself? Makes some of what I said above look a bit sad
      really …
    • Shelley
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2004
        Judy

        I don't tend to go to the Ashley Road area - but I ought to now
        *grin*. There used to be a wonderful shop that sold all sorts of
        crafty things down there but unfortunately it disappeared a few
        years ago. They had jones tones foils and all sorts of interesting
        supplies.

        Thanks for the comments on my work. I don't make absolutely
        everything. There's a range of sterling silver that I buy to retail -
        mostly the ear studs and sterling chains. All the polymer clay,
        semi-precious and beaded jewellery I make. I'm hoping to get in more
        supplies and start selling more jewellery making components, but I'm
        too busy creating for fairs at the moment. I also supply several
        shops with wish bottles and my jewellery is sold in a few shops as
        well - Mainly Blue in Wareham and I have some things now at Walford
        Mill. I'm hoping to add more to the list, but I just haven't had
        time to sort things to take to the shops!

        Word of warning - polymer clay can be very addictive. It's very easy
        to spend tons on those 'must have' supplies!