Blade Sharpener/Honer

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26 12:14 PM
      Hi All,

      I've just bought a new product which may be of interest to other
      clayers.

      It's a knife sharpener AND honer in one unit. I bought it for
      sharpening kitchen knives, penknives etc etc - as one does.

      I do get a trifle annoyed when my tissue blades which I use for
      canework get notched - they do very easily, even if one only uses
      them on a foam pad and is extremely careful. The notches then put
      obvious lines down every subsequent cane slice.

      The sharpener/honer gets rid of any blade imperfections like magic.
      Now, rather than throwing the blades away, I simply re-sharpen and re-
      hone them and they're like new in seconds. (in fact, I prefer the
      cheaper carbon steel tissue blades for cane slicing - CS seems to
      drag less than some stainless ones. The honer makes them better than
      new!)

      Anyway, the unit I bought was from QVC UK - they're sold in pairs,
      so I'll be keeping one for the kitchen etc and the other for my finer
      blades.

      Here's the link if you're interested....

      http://tinyurl.com/3lmcz

      If you try it PLEASE mind your fingers - you'll cut yourself without
      even noticing it - the blades get so very sharp!

      Alan
      (my goodness, I've suggested a product which isn't sold by Maplin
      Electronics! (who,by the way, have a sale of UV active paints and UV
      reactive PVC granules at the moment)
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26 12:22 PM
        Sorry, - the link was corrupted.

        Here's the corrected one (I hope)

        http://tinyurl.com/5fd92

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28 12:30 AM
          That looks really good Alan. I just wish I had some spare cash - I could
          definitely do with one of those.

        • Pamela Simpson
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28 7:16 AM
            That does look like a nice sharpener, doesn't it? There are 2 in a set.....maybe someone can buy one and split it with you.

            Pam Simpson (skywardbound)

            ShelleyM <shelley@...> wrote:
            That looks really good Alan. I just wish I had some spare cash - I could
            definitely do with one of those.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT