More Polyclayers' Aids from MAPLIN electronics

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2004
      Here I go again...

      Maplin are now selling a much larger range of 'Servisol' electronic
      engineering Service-Aids. A couple of them will be of great interest
      to polyclayists!

      Pure Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol or IPA) is now available in two
      sizes - the 1litre has a Maplin ref of RE71 for £9.99 (!)
      (This alcohol is excellent as a solvent generally, but particularly
      useful as a transfer agent of photocopied images to clay)

      Silicone Adhesive - Servisol are selling a new one-part variety which
      sets more rapidly and doesn't evolve Acetic acid as it cures - I've
      made a few small moulds from it and I'm impressed by it's properties.
      (eg once it's fully cured, it WILL withstand clay baking temperatures)
      Maplin ref RE89

      I still don't have any Maplin shares - honestly!