regarding baking.

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hello group,
      I trust that this finds you all happy and creative.
      On reading the most excellent site http://www.polymerclaycentral.com
      it seems that most artists use a "toaster oven."
      This claims to give very good results mainly due to the fact that it
      keeps a constant temp.
      Does anyone know if we have an equivalent over here or can anyone
      share tips on non burning?
      Many thanks,
      In light,
      Mark
      feel free to add me to your yahoo messenger friend list
      mr_light_spirited
    • Iris Boughton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2004
        Hello Mark.
        Because many people think that polymer clay gives off toxic fumes when cooking(especially if you burn it!) one is advised to use a dedicated oven, so a small toaster oven is best as it is easy to store. I have a de longhi one bought from Lakeland Plastics . It cost a hundred pounds but is very good at keeping a constant temperature --checked by thermometer. There seem to be quite a few more different makes now and certainly much cheaper than mine , but some are not very good at keeping to temperature. I must admit though that when I am just cooking a small amount I use my household combination oven on the convection setting NOT the microwave!
        Iris near Peterborough