Premo Translucent - Bleached?

  • Ben David
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2003
      Is all Premo Translucent bleached nowadays? I am reading about
      translucents on the wonderful glassattic site, and the posts quoted
      there mention an older, unbleached version and a newer, bleached
      version. Also, some of the posts mention that the bleached stuff is
      only available through specific suppliers in the USA.

      Is all this still true? Are the packets of translucent I buy now the
      bleached stuff - or do I have to special order it from the USA?

      Thanks
      Ben
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2003
        Hi Ben,

        Both kinds of translucent Premo are still available.

        There are differences in supply of the two. The Bleached is only
        available in 1lb blocks (but Sue Heaser at the Claypit normally
        breaks it into 2oz packs for resale) The unbleached is still
        available in both 1lb and 2oz packs.

        It used to be the case that the bleached version was only available
        from a selected few suppliers, but in the past year Polyform have
        allowed many more retailers to sell it.

        Soo - the answer is - yes they're both still about - but the bleached
        is more expensive (but well worth it for some projects where more
        clarity is required)

        I hope that helps the confusion.

        Alan

        --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "Ben David" <b_david2@n...> wrote:
        > Is all Premo Translucent bleached nowadays? I am reading about
        > translucents on the wonderful glassattic site, and the posts quoted
        > there mention an older, unbleached version and a newer, bleached
        > version. Also, some of the posts mention that the bleached stuff is
        > only available through specific suppliers in the USA.
        >
        > Is all this still true? Are the packets of translucent I buy now
        the
        > bleached stuff - or do I have to special order it from the USA?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Ben
      • Bead Sprite
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2003
          Hello, Alan

          I hope I'm right, In assuming that there are more UK suppliers of Premo now,
          or am I barking up the wrong tree? I usually buy all my premo from the US,
          it's about 10 dollars for the 1lb bars which is about £6, much cheaper (and
          not all dried out) than the only supplier that I knew about in the UK!

          Happy Christmas!
          Amanda
          http://www.amandarosedesigns.co.uk (still being built!)
          http://www.picturetrail.com/amandarose1