New member

  • fimoqueen53
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
      Hi, my name is Julie & I love polymer clay - I'm a polyaddict in
      fact. I live in Lancashire, UK & have made so many different things
      out of Fimo & Sculpey. One of my favourites is a picture I made for a
      competition-it gained a Highly Commended -it was not deemed a proper
      medium but was awarded a prize because of the level of work &
      detail.It's a picture I entitled Bluebird Cottage, I will hopefully
      post a pic on the photos - if I can. I look forward to joining in
      discussions & hopefully learning new things & helping others (maybe).
      Kind regards to everyone.
    • Shelley
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2003
        Hey there Julie and welcome. This seems to be a very quiet group,
        but we do have our moments. Perhaps you can help spark things up a
        bit!!

        I took a look at your scuptures and picys. I really love that
        cottage, not surprised it got a highly commended. Congratulations.
        Although I do think it's disgusting that it's not 'deemed a proper
        medium'. Sometimes I think we still have a long way to go before
        polymer clay art becomes acceptable, especially in this country. I
        also love your animals. I can't sculpt to save my life.

        Anyway, hello there and welcome and thanks for sharing with us.

        Shelley
        http://www.shelleym.co.uk
      • Julie Thurston
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 2003
          Hi
          Thanks for your kind words. I have just looked at your work & have to say I am so impressed. You might not sculpt but you sure can make beautiful items. It takes all sorts & as I am not too good with very small detailed we wouldn't cramp each others styles - ha ha!
          Kind regards
          Julie
          Shelley <shelley@...> wrote:
          Hey there Julie and welcome. This seems to be a very quiet group,
          but we do have our moments. Perhaps you can help spark things up a
          bit!!

          I took a look at your scuptures and picys. I really love that
          cottage, not surprised it got a highly commended. Congratulations.
          Although I do think it's disgusting that it's not 'deemed a proper
          medium'. Sometimes I think we still have a long way to go before
          polymer clay art becomes acceptable, especially in this country. I
          also love your animals. I can't sculpt to save my life.

          Anyway, hello there and welcome and thanks for sharing with us.

          Shelley
          http://www.shelleym.co.uk

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2004
            Hi all!

            I am a new to this group and would like to introduce myself. My name
            is Lena and i am living in the south of Sweden. I have been
            interested in jewelrydesign and been trying out polymer clay as it is
            a really versatile material to use. I have posted some of my work at
            my homepage http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/8143/jewellery.html

            Lena
          • Mandy
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
              --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, ingalen@y... wrote:

              Hi Lena

              Your dragons are beautiful!!! I must admit I don't post on this
              site very often, but plan in the future to post more.
              Was on another one that I didn't like very much, was all about
              selling and not much about hints, tips and not really helping each
              other.
              This site may be a little quiet at times, but certainly seems to be
              livening up, giggle. And very much more helpful!
              It's great to speak and share tips from all around the world. I
              make Unicorn's but plan to make Fairy's etc when I get the time. I
              have improved, I do have a photo album which is quite old, but they
              are getting better, LOL!
              So Hi Lena
              and a big welcome from the UK XX
              Mands X