Newbie

  • ziggysnowy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2003
      Hello to all

      I am new on the group. I am Saskia from Holland. I am a minilover and
      like to make items for my dollhouse. When I first began with fimo I
      didn't know what you can do with it. I am still a beginner and want
      to learn how to make 'real'mini-food.
      I have the book from Angie Scarr. So I have many objects I can try to
      make.

      I hope I can find some help here when I got stuck.

      Many greetings,
      Saskia
    • Shelley
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2003
        Hi Saskia and welcome.

        I also love Angie Scarr's work, despite not being a miniaturist. I
        find she
        has such an incredible eye for detail and realism. She really really
        looks
        at her subject and works out how to capture that realism in clay.

        If you have any questions ask away. We need new blood and lots of
        questions
        here!!

      • gini
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
          Hi all

          I'm new to polymer clay (some 4 months). Living in Switzerland it is
          difficult to find special clays and tools, so I ordered them in the
          USA.

          I'd very much like to share experiences with other clayers!
          My "newbie work" can be seen at http://www.dbi.ch/handmade

          Looking forward to learning from and sharing with you -

          Regards, Gini
        • Lori
          Message 4 of 5 , May 28, 2007
            Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member! I am excited to
            share ideas and have been browsing some of your talented artistry in
            the group! I make miniatures and beads but I always come back to my
            favorite, dolls. I have experienced all types of media,even with my
            beads, I was finding ways to make art dolls! I love to sculpt fantasy
            figures and I am hoping to pick up some tips to get better at
            perfecting my sculpting. I can't seem to put the clay down! So, any
            advise where to go to get started here would be helpful.

            Lori :)
          • creativelybellejewelry
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 16, 2007
              Hi, just joined and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am
              looking forward to learning more about clay. Hope you all have a good
              christmas and new year.

              All the best,
              Belinda

              http://Creativelybelle.com/specials/christmas.htm