Wide pencil leads to cover.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2003
      Hi All,

      I've been looking out for clay-related things again. You must know
      the polyclay pencil project that Sue Heaser put up at the BPCG
      website. The project uses 'clutch pencil' leads in a clay cover,
      which can be sharpened just like an ordinary pencil.

      I've found a brand of leads which not only come in several colours
      and 3 'blacknesses' of graphite, but they're nicely chunky - almost
      1/4inch in diameter!
      The brandname is Koh-i-noor and lots of art materials suppliers stock
      them - including the one I use - Ken Bromley Ltd - who have a
      website...

      http://www.artsupplies.co.uk/index.html

      Check 'Sketching materials & Accessories' in the index.

      The leads are a touch expensive at nearly a pound apiece (they're in
      boxes of 6)- but should last a long time.

      Alan.