SARAH SHRIVER & Ravensdale -- New Classes!

  • Sunni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      If you've never made it to Ravensdale before, this could be the year!
      I'll be teaching classes throughout the conference starting Monday
      with an all day class on Candlesticks and Finials , (A103). For this
      class I'll be reaching out beyond my usual realm of bead making, and
      taking up form as a subject. We'll be experimenting with armatures of
      various materials and constructing original forms from polymer which
      can be decorated or inlaid with other decorative polymer work. This
      is a great opportunity to broaden your construction techniques and
      end up with a unique, functional and totally cool object.

      The second class I'll be teaching is an all day class titled "Elegant
      Stretch Bracelets" (A301). The bracelet is my favorite piece of
      jewelry and I'll pass on some of my ideas for design and construction
      of wonderfully easy-to-wear stretch bracelets. One of the reasons I
      choose the elastic over other types of closures is how simple it is
      to slip on a bracelet as you run out the door and as a consequence
      it'll be the bracelet you wear and wear. This class will also focus
      on the finishing techniques that make such a difference to the look
      and quality of the piece.

      And lastly, I'll be teaching a two day studio on intricate cane
      building and my kaleidoscoping techniques (S7) which I have taught
      many times to many people and I absolutely love to do. I am drawn to
      intricate repeat patterns and I have found this is something I share
      with a lot of others so I get such satisfaction from showing them how
      to play with this wonderfully magical and bountiful way of working
      with polymer clay. As I'm sure most of you know the mille fiori or
      caning technique is an old glass technique and originally I thought
      that I was working in polymer as a preamble to working in glass, but
      I soon saw that for me it was really about the patterns and no other
      medium comes close to what the polymer can do.

      I hope some of you will be able to join me in my classes at this
      exciting event of sharing, learning and just plain fun! Check out my
      classes at:

      http://www.nwpcg.org/ravensdale/catalog/shriver.shtml

      My homepage: http://sarahshriver.sunnisan.com/