Bead & Button mag at Smiths

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2003
      This is probably old news to most people, but I just found out that you can
      order Bead & Button magazine from WH SMiths. I just started a regular
      collection type thingy there. You sign up and have to pay a £10 deposit and
      then you get a folder with a number. They don't ring you when the mag comes
      in, but you go and ask for them to check in your folder. If the mag has been
      sitting there for more than 4 weeks then they will give you a call.

      I just picked up my first copy today - it's a special edition 'Beadreams'.
      Has lots and lots of beady thingies there, lots of picys of really cool
      jewellery - not all from polyclay, but it's all really nice stuff in there.
      And it's a lot cheaper than when I've been able to occassionally pick it up
      from Borders which I don't like to drive to cos I hate driving into the
      middle of Bournemouth (scaredy driver). Anyway at Smiths it was £2.95 -
      which I thought was pretty good over here for an American mag.

      Smiths seem to have a very comprehensive list of magazines they can order.
      They have a large book/bible thingy to look things up in. Unfortunately of
      the ones I would have loved to get hold of that was the only one they can
      get. No Lapidiary Journal, Expressions, or Jewelry Crafts. I forgot to ask
      about Ornament - might ask them next time I'm in there.

      Anyway just thought I'd tell you all about it if like me you were a dunce
      and didn't already know Smiths could do that!