Mould material

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2003
      I really haven't got shares in Maplin, but...

      I've just had notice of the fact that they're now selling something
      that will be a real boon to any polyclayer who needs to make moulds.

      The material is called POLYMORPH and is a reusable,low temperature,
      granulated plastic moulding agent.

      In order to get the stuff flexible enough to mould, all you have to
      do is drop it into warm (65C) water for a few minutes. Then the
      plastic is nicely malleable and can be pressed into any shape, which
      it retains while it's cool. The plasticity is regained by re-heating.

      It's obviously not going to replace silicone mould materials but if
      you need to make a temporary mould, this stuff is perfect!

      Its Maplin reference code is N15AT and it's available in 250g and
      500g pots.

      Alan
    • Emma Ralph
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2003
        Hi Alan,

        I saw that stuff too - gonna get some at some point to see what it is all
        about! I like the idea that it is re-usable too.
        Have you tried it yet?

        Emma ;-)

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2003
          Hi Emma,

          No, not yet - so much time - so little to do!

          I will do, and report on it.

          Alan